|SAP Announces Roadmap to Strengthen its Cloud Business in India
IT News Online
2012-07-16Mumbai -- IT News Online -- SAP India, a unit of SAP AG, has announced a roadmap to strengthen its cloud business in India. The new cloud strategy came into place after the acquisition of SuccessFactors, a pioneer in the cloud and leader in the human capital management (HCM) space and extends SAP's services beyond small- and mid-sized companies to also include large enterprises.
The cloud solutions will focus on four most important assets a company has to manage - people, money, customers and suppliers. The cloud solutions will also be integrated with innovations around mobility, analytics and collaborative services.
"We see a huge potential for the cloud computing technology. And we are committed to create a whole new cloud experience that would enable Indian businesses run better," said Neeraj Athalye, Head Cloud Business, SAP India. "Our solutions are cost-effective, easy to deploy and manage - and deliver rapid time-to-value. The major differentiator for SAP is that we offer unparalleled ability to our customers to integrate and take advantage of all their compute resources into cloud to suit their business needs."
SAP said that while the integrated suite of SAP Business ByDesign and Business One OnDemand solutions will continue to address the small and medium businesses, the large enterprises will be served by a portfolio of line-of-business solutions as part of the new strategy.
The company said it also aims to take the cloud market beyond software-as-a-service (SaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS), targeting new areas such as collaboration (including both people-centric applications and business network solutions, information and mobile services), information services (including business intelligence in the cloud and data services) and mobile services (especially mobile device management in the cloud).
The cloud portfolio of loosely-coupled best-of-breed applications which customers can adopt based on their requirements and at their own pace aims to offer the value of a single solution when used together. It will focus on helping customers better manage:
People (based on the HCM offering from SuccessFactors)
SAP and the SuccessFactors Business Execution (BizX) Suite are combining to provide comprehensive and innovative HCM offerings to benefit existing and prospective customers. The BizX suite delivers business results by driving business alignment, optimizing people performance and building competitive advantage through people. SuccessFactors delivers a complete set of talent management solutions, plus robust workforce analytics and planning combined with a next generation core HR solution that improves executive insight and decision making. SAP said SuccessFactors helps ensure one has the right people with the right skills doing the right work.
- Performance and Goals: Communicate strategy, create meaningful individual goals across the organization and focus employees on what matters, while enabling executives to monitor goal progress in real-time. Then reward, measure and tie employee performance to business results, streamline the performance appraisal process, and enable meaningful feedback
- Compensation: Pay people based on achievement, establish a pay-for performance culture - retain top talent and increase productivity across the organization. Calibration drives better compensation decisions with and objective ratings.
- Succession and Development: Anticipate and plan for staffing changes and assure the readiness of employee talent at all levels. Align learning activities with competency gaps to arm the workforce for current and future needs. Improve motivation with continuous development and career planning.
- Recruiting: Transform recruiting into a continuous, strategic part of the talent strategy with a complete recruiting execution platform. Effective recruiting execution requires a recruiting marketing solution to manage, measure and optimize your interactive candidate marketing strategy, plus a recruiting management solution that's social and collaborative to ensure that you can quickly capture and hire the best talent.
- Learning: Develop a learning strategy with a complete learning management solution (LMS) that enables one to manage, develop and deploy instructor-led, and formal and social online training. SAP said its Content-as-a-Service (CaaS) solution eliminates the need to manage the infrastructure, bandwidth and delivery, management, security and updates for one's e-learning programs.
- Jam: Improve employee productivity and teamwork by combining collaboration, communication and content-creation tools with a private social network for one's organization. Jam's simple video and screen capture lets everyone share their expertise, even from a mobile device.
- Workforce Planning: Leverage in-depth workforce information and benchmarks to assess readiness to execute strategies, forecast the impact of business decisions, mitigate risk and take action.
- Employee Central: The core HR system that goes beyond basic automation to help drive an organization's most pressing business priorities.
- Workforce Analytics and Reporting: Deliver actionable, quantitative insights with a combination of talent and business data that produces easy to understand and consume information.
- Financials OnDemand: Helps manage core financials functionalities as well as order-to-cash and invoice-to-pay processes.
- Travel OnDemand: Enables business people travel smarter, spend better and get reimbursed faster while staying in compliance with corporate policies.
- Sales OnDemand: Empowers sales teams with detailed customer information, share insight more easily and repeat best selling practices in a scalable manner.
- Social Customer Engagement OnDemand: Enable sales and marketing professionals to engage intelligently with their customers via social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Sourcing OnDemand: Supports companies in strategic sourcing, supplier and contract lifecycle management.
- SAP Information Interchange OnDemand: Allows networked-based invoice management and information exchange for the procure-to-pay process.