|Pantech Marauder Now Available on Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Network
IT News Online
2012-08-06Mumbai -- IT News Online -- Verizon Wireless and Pantech have announced the availability of the 4G LTE-powered Pantech Marauder smartphone. The Pantech Marauder provides first-time smartphone customers with a dual-interface option, allowing customers to fit the device to their lifestyles or specific needs.
Brought to market by Personal Communications Devices (PCD), the Pantech Marauder offers customers the option to choose between Starter Mode and Standard Mode. Starter Mode is a simplified and more intuitive experience that is perfect for those who are new to the smartphone world. This option eases first-time customers into the smartphone experience with the help of four easy-to-learn home screens featuring preset widgets and an uncluttered, easy-to-use lock screen. Starter Mode also features a quick dialer icon that allows customers to make phone calls directly from the home screen.
Standard Mode is a general smartphone setting for those who are familiar with the Android experience. It offers up to seven fully customizable home screens and a customizable lock screen with quick access to frequently used applications. All settings are maintained when switching between modes so customers do not have to worry about losing information.
The Pantech Marauder features a virtual keyboard as well as a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, making it the perfect choice for messaging aficionados and for those who want an excellent messaging experience. With the 5 Megapixel camera, customers can take pictures, capture high-definition video, and easily share them as well as video chat with family and friends, using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
- Notification Curtain that displays quick on/off settings, phone settings, connectivity and sync, social media and email
- On device help section provides guided tours for first-time smartphone customers to help learn the tips and tricks of their new device
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail, YouTube, Google+, Google Search and Google Maps, as well as access to the Google Play Store
- Share media with friends and colleagues wirelessly to DLNA-enabled devices
- Bluetooth Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer and phone book access
- Daily Life Assistants such as clock, calendar and weather
- Easy access email that is compatible with Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live, AOL, Gmail
- microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB
- Mobile Hotspot capable to share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
The Pantech Marauder is available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
New customers that purchase a Pantech Marauder smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Share Everything plan. Customers can purchase unlimited talk and text messaging with 1 GB of data for $90 monthly access.