|Sales & Marketing Professionals Confident in the Job Market - Robert Walters
Robert Walters PLC (JCN Newswire)
2012-07-31 Tokyo, July 31, 2012 - ( JCN Newswire ) - Robert Walters Japan recently released its 2012 Half-year Market Update focussing on sales & marketing functions. The report finds that in the first half of 2012, candidate confidence was high for sales & marketing professionals and many bilingual workers changed companies, creating an active labour market.
Consumer Goods companies in particular, showed a renewed interest in hiring marketing specialists. This recruitment trend was triggered by a boost in new product launches and the need to promote these products in a highly competitive market sector. Online marketing and e-commerce were two areas that many consumer and retail companies strengthened and this trend is anticipated to continue for the remainder of the year.
Rachna Ratra, Director of Sales & Marketing at Robert Walters Japan, said: "Candidate movement in the market is a direct result of how confident candidates feel about securing a new job and right now, that confidence is high. We see a lot of opportunities for professionals with CRM, online marketing and e-commerce experience, in both newly created openings and replacement positions. The hiring market in 2012 should remain competitive for sales & marketing professionals and companies may need to be quicker with their recruitment processes in order to secure skilled workers."
Other key trends within sales & marketing indicate that:
- Retail firms invested heavily into customer relationship management (CRM), e-commerce and store development
- The luxury sector benefitted from rising consumer confidence creating recruitment demand in the retail sales and merchandising sectors
- Enterprise software technology generated considerable hiring activity for solutions sales professionals
- Strong healthcare recruitment demand meant that qualified professionals typically received 2-3 job offers and 10% increases in salary to switch companies
- Consumer and retail companies will seek high potential junior and mid-level candidates to develop strong future leadership teams
- Online, enterprise solutions and the quickly-growing mobile sectors will actively hire but hardware systems will continue to experience a decrease in recruitment activity
- Continued hiring expected for health economic professionals due to demand for more efficiency, effectiveness and value in the pharmaceutical and medical devices sectors
- The need for English-language ability will grow as more Japanese companies look to expand their businesses overseas or work with foreign vendor companies
For more detailed information on the sales & marketing recruitment market, please contact us.
AboutRobert Walters PLC
Robert Walters is one of the leading international recruitment consultancies and uses its distinct advantages of size, proven track record and unparalleled global network to provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions across all industry sectors. For more information about Robert Walters Japan, please visit www.robertwalters.com .